“Bangladesh has a whole list of arms it wants, but so far that is a state secret. I will reveal one little secret: The purchase of Yak-130 warplanes is a very significant subject of negotiations between Russia and Bangladesh,” Rosoboronexport Deputy Chief Viktor Komardin said at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition (LIMA-2013) that opened in Malaysia on Tuesday.
He added that negotiations on Yak-130s are due to begin later this spring.
Russia granted Bangladesh a $1 billion credit during the Bangladeshi prime minister’s visit to Moscow in January.
Some 20 Russian companies are taking part in LIMA-2013, which has been held since 1991, including top aircraft manufacturers and the state-owned United Industrial Corporation (Oboronprom), which produces helicopters, aircraft engines and air defense systems.
The Yak-130 is a highly maneuverable aircraft with an extended range of about 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) and a maximum speed of 1,060 kilometers per hour (600 miles per hour) in level flight. It can carry a combat payload of up to 3,000 kilograms (6,600 pounds).
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:Bangladesh Navy Secret Buying, Future plan of bangladesh airforce, future fighter jet for bangladesh, future plan of bangladesh air force, plans of babgladesh airforce of buying aircrafts in future
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Indonesian Aero News
- Compact Fusion Reactor
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Singapore Army Pictures - 2014 Onwards
- Remote Weapon Station Project ( project mentor needed)
- Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force Thread
- Alternative sub propulsion tech?
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates