“Bangladesh has a whole list of arms it wants, but so far that is a state secret. I will reveal one little secret: The purchase of Yak-130 warplanes is a very significant subject of negotiations between Russia and Bangladesh,” Rosoboronexport Deputy Chief Viktor Komardin said at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace exhibition (LIMA-2013) that opened in Malaysia on Tuesday.
He added that negotiations on Yak-130s are due to begin later this spring.
Russia granted Bangladesh a $1 billion credit during the Bangladeshi prime minister’s visit to Moscow in January.
Some 20 Russian companies are taking part in LIMA-2013, which has been held since 1991, including top aircraft manufacturers and the state-owned United Industrial Corporation (Oboronprom), which produces helicopters, aircraft engines and air defense systems.
The Yak-130 is a highly maneuverable aircraft with an extended range of about 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) and a maximum speed of 1,060 kilometers per hour (600 miles per hour) in level flight. It can carry a combat payload of up to 3,000 kilograms (6,600 pounds).
Related Topic Tags
Keywords:Bangladesh Navy Secret Buying, air arm plan of bd navy
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- ADF General discussion thread
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- Iraqi Air Force and Air Defense
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Mexico's military defense
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia tests new missiles
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates