BAE Systems has launched the Phoenix family of networking radios to meet the 21st century communications needs of the U.S. military. Filling the gap between higher headquarters and the warfighter, Phoenix radios deliver secure, jam-resistant communications on the battlefield via modern networking waveforms. BAE Systems has responded to the U.S. Army’s request for a non-developmental mid-tier networking vehicular radio (MNVR) solution with its two-channel Phoenix-SC radio, which meets or exceeds all specifications.
“The Phoenix family of radios offers the most complete MNVR solution for battlefield communications,” said Joseph Senftle, vice president and general manager of Communications and Control Solutions at BAE Systems. “With decades of experience in software-defined radio technology, BAE Systems developed the Phoenix radios with affordability, reduced size, weight, and power, as well as robust anti-jam capabilities, as top priorities.”
The Phoenix family of radios operates the Wideband Networking Waveform (WNW) and the Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW), enabling multiple configurations and providing full anti-jam modes in WNW to protect communications in hostile environments.
BAE Systems has leveraged commercial technology to create a low size, weight, and power design that can integrate easily into the existing radio space on U.S. Army ground combat vehicles. To simplify end-user training and adoption, Phoenix radios are fully interoperable with other joint tactical radio systems currently in use.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- F-35B/C - Naval Air Discussions (USN & USMC)
- Future of the French/Russian Mistral LHDs
- F-35 - International Participation
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Iraq war/unrest/fighting
- Flanker Export Thread
- North Korean Military.
- Underwater UFO at Sweden
- Brazilian Air Force News and Discussion
- Iran Inaugurates Production Line of HAFEZ Radar System
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates