According to Monday’s edition of the weekly, which quoted government sources, the German government believes that the Rheinmetall subsidiary will produce in Algeria over the next 10 years 1,200 armoured vehicles.
Der Spiegel recalled that the German government had given its approval in early 2011 for the delivery of 54 armoured vehicles of this kind for a total order of 195 million euros ($248 million). It also agreed the delivery of all-terrain vehicles for 286 million euros.
Rheinmetall, which is listed on the stock exchange, achieved in 2011 nearly four million euros in sales, including half in defence.
Arms sales are regularly the subject of intense debate in Germany.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Stealthiest yet : RQ-180 Revealed
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- NZDF General discussion thread
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Stealth Aircraft Operation
- British Army News and Discussion
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Chinese 'air defence identification zone' in East China Sea
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Your kettle may be spying on you.
- Kapooka Pics
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- space based LBI systems