According to Monday’s edition of the weekly, which quoted government sources, the German government believes that the Rheinmetall subsidiary will produce in Algeria over the next 10 years 1,200 armoured vehicles.
Der Spiegel recalled that the German government had given its approval in early 2011 for the delivery of 54 armoured vehicles of this kind for a total order of 195 million euros ($248 million). It also agreed the delivery of all-terrain vehicles for 286 million euros.
Rheinmetall, which is listed on the stock exchange, achieved in 2011 nearly four million euros in sales, including half in defence.
Arms sales are regularly the subject of intense debate in Germany.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- RussianLand Forces Thread
- Brazilian Naval Strength
- The Royal Navy Discussions and Updates
- Mexico's military defense
- Ukranian Crisis
- Russia tests new missiles
- Australian Army Discussions and Updates
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- Indonesia: 'green water navy'
- US Navy News and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates