Airbus Defence and Space has today handed over the first of ten A400M new generation airlifters ordered by the Turkish Air Force.
The Turkish Air Force formally accepted the aircraft from Airbus Defence and Space at the A400M Final Assembly Line in Seville, Spain. A further ceremony will take place in Turkey at a later date.
Following today’s contractual transfer of title, the aircraft, which is the third production A400M, will be flown to Kayseri air base in central Turkey where it will initially be used for training. In Turkish Air Force service the A400M will replace the C-160 Transall offering a dramatic increase in air transport capability to the armed forces.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Ukranian Crisis
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal New Zealand Navy Discussions and Updates
- New Zealand Army Organisation
- Russian Navy Discussions and Updates
- RMAF Future; need opinions
- [ List of "Active" Military Aircraft ] All Nations
- Russian Air Force News & Discussion
- Assad's strategic options
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- UAV for Meteorological duty.
- US Navy News and updates
- World Air force directory
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD