Airbus Defence and Space has today handed over the first of ten A400M new generation airlifters ordered by the Turkish Air Force.
The Turkish Air Force formally accepted the aircraft from Airbus Defence and Space at the A400M Final Assembly Line in Seville, Spain. A further ceremony will take place in Turkey at a later date.
Following today’s contractual transfer of title, the aircraft, which is the third production A400M, will be flown to Kayseri air base in central Turkey where it will initially be used for training. In Turkish Air Force service the A400M will replace the C-160 Transall offering a dramatic increase in air transport capability to the armed forces.
Related Topic Tags
Related Defense, Military & Aerospace Forum Discussions
- Royal Australian Air Force [RAAF] News, Discussions and Updates
- Royal Australian Navy Discussions and Updates
- Ukranian Crisis
- Republic of Singapore Air Force
- Juan Carlos / Canberra Class LHD
- F-35 Program - General Discussion
- Fire-control protocol - the Buk-M1 air defense complex
- Merkava for Singapore ?
- Royal Air Force [RAF] discussions and updates
- South China Sea News & Discussions, incl Spratly Islands News
- Royal New Zealand Air Force
- US Navy News and updates
- Royal Canadian Navy Discussions and updates
- The Indonesian Army
- Made in Singapore Equipment